Jan 23, 2022

Old Sketch, New Painting


Sometimes if I want to practice watercolor but have no idea what to paint, I would repaint an old sketch.😂



This is old sketch from 2019. I took a reference from an old photo on Pinterest. I like these three girls playing hula hoop, because I could see their lovely friendship and pleasure of playing together. The first time I painted, I just picked whatever the colors that came to my mind. But this time, I wanted to only use these three colors: Prussian Blue, Magenta and Flesh Tint; flesh tint with a tiny bit of magenta for the skin tone, and Prussian blue for the girls’ dress code. I like how the blue makes the dresses look vintage.



I usually start to paint background and then characters. But this time I painted the girls first. After finishing it, I felt that I didn’t want the background to be pure white. I wanted to have some color play! So, I used three Caran d'Ache neocolor water-soluble neon crayons to wet/mixed the colors. 

The result was OK but not quite satisfied😂. It looks like the girls are floating and playing hula hoop, haha! But it was just a practice and I had much fun, so I don’t mind the result. And I am happy to see the changes and growth from the two old and new illustrations. I want to tell myself: Good job and keep going! ✌

Jenny☺

***

【舊圖新畫】

有時候想練習水彩卻不知道畫什麼時,把舊圖拿來重新畫也是一種方法😂

這是我2019年畫的草圖,那時候想練習畫小孩,在Pinterest找了黑白舊照模仿。第一次上色時隨意挑選想用的顏色。時隔兩年再畫,這次我有特別想用的顏色:Prussian Blue, Magenta 和Flesh Tint。

Flesh Tint當然是用在小女孩的膚色,不過我喜歡加一點Magenta,這個紅意外的讓膚色亮起來。Prussian Blue是女孩的衣服主題色,因為我想要有古著感的洋裝,而且我想像她們可能是親生姐妹或是三個好朋友......

通常畫圖我都先畫背景,不過這張是直接畫角色。可是畫完後,又想試試再畫背景會變成什麼樣子?後來用Caran d'Ache 水溶性蠟筆,用水彩筆把蠟筆顏色暈開混色。其實我覺得畫圖時,背景和角色邊緣的銜接處不好處理,因為顏色會互相染色,邊緣不銳利角色就跳不出來。有時候需要用細筆修圖,把輪廓描繪清晰。

畫完背景,我覺得小女孩好像漂浮在奇怪的空間搖呼拉圈...哈哈。但我喜歡她們的小洋裝,真心想要一件😌。

從舊圖新畫看見自己的轉變,當作是一個放鬆的畫畫練習,哈哈!然後繼續新的一張。            

No comments:

Post a Comment